Don’t let tooth loss have the final say when it comes to your oral health.
Having that gap between your teeth can be embarrassing. No one wants the world to know that they are dealing with tooth loss. Our Saginaw, MI, dentist, Dr. Gregory Herzler, understands the frustration that comes with having missing teeth, which is why dental implants might just be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Tell me about dental implants…
A dental implant is a metal fixture that is surgically placed into the jawbone. Over time, the implant will fuse together with the jawbone, where it will remain as a permanent structure. From there, the implant will take on the responsibility that your missing tooth’s roots used to have. Since implants naturally meld together with bone and tissue, you also won’t have to worry about dental implants shifting out of place, as you sometimes do with removable dentures. Plus, implants offer an amazing longevity that other restorations just can’t.
What are the benefits of getting dental implants?
- They look and function like real teeth, so you won’t be able to tell the difference between your implant and natural teeth.
- They are a permanent restoration so you won’t have to worry about taking them out every night like you would with dentures.
- They are made from titanium so you know your implant will be durable and strong.
- They are strong enough to last the rest of your life with the proper care.
- They prevent teeth from shifting into that open space left behind by your missing tooth.
- They stimulate the jawbone to prevent it from deteriorating and stimulate the growth of new bone cells.
- They preserve your facial structure to prevent cheeks from sagging and sinking due to bone loss.
Some other important tidbits to know about dental implants…
While there are certainly a lot of amazing benefits to getting dental implants in Saginaw, there are some things you should know before getting them:
- You will need to undergo multiple surgeries in order to get your implants
- It can take up to one year or more before your restoration is complete
- Ideal candidates will be healthy individuals who don’t smoke and who maintain good oral hygiene
- Dental implants should be treated and cared for just like natural teeth
Do you want to learn more about dental implants and whether they’re the best treatment for you? Then call our Saginaw, MI, dental office today and let us know that you want to discuss getting dental implants with us.