All of us aren't naturally blessed with perfect smiles. Luckily, crooked teeth can be corrected with Invisalign, a wireless orthodontic system that offers impressive results. Saginaw, MI, dentist Dr. Greg Herzler shares some information about Invisalign.
What makes Invisalign different?
Invisalign offers several benefits that traditional braces don't, including:
- Appearance: There's not a wire in sight when you wear Invisalign aligner trays. The removable trays are made of clear plastic, which means that people focus on your winning smile, not your braces.
- Comfort: Aligner trays are a much more comfortable orthodontic choice than metal or ceramic braces. Adjusting brace wires can be a little painful, but adjustments are necessary to realign your teeth. The Invisalign system uses a series of aligner trays, each designed to shift your teeth gradually, instead of wires and brackets. Thanks to the gentle, gradual movement of your teeth, straightening your teeth is a much more comfortable experience. Aligner trays are replaced every two weeks during treatment.
- Flexibility: Although Invisalign aligner trays are designed to virtually disappear from sight when you wear them, there still may be times when you would prefer to go without your trays. When you're playing a sport, or you have a date at a Saginaw restaurant, you can leave your trays at home for a few hours.
- No Food Restrictions: You can eat anything you want with Invisalign because you won't have to worry about damaging your braces or brackets. Every time you eat, you'll remove your aligner trays, then rinse and replace them after your meal. No food is off limits. Do you like popcorn and raw carrots? Eating them is no problem when you wear Invisalign aligner trays.
- Easy Care: Brushing and flossing your teeth gets a little complicated when you have wire or ceramic braces. Your dental hygiene routine takes more time when you must carefully and gently clean around the wires and use special flossing tools to reach the areas between your teeth. No special tools are needed when you choose Invisalign. After you remove your trays, you'll brush and floss the same way you always have.
Ready to find out if Invisalign is a good choice for you? Call Saginaw, MI, dentist Dr. Greg Herzler at (989) 793-7733 to schedule an appointment.