Revitalizing your smile can be as simple as adding a few dental veneers to your teeth. Your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Gregory Herzler, offers veneers and a variety of other smile-enhancing cosmetic procedures at his Saginaw, MI, office. Read on to learn how veneers can make your smile regain its lost luster!
What are dental veneers?
Veneers hide flaws in your tooth enamel and change the shape or length of your teeth. The tooth-shaped restorations are about as thin as a fingernail, yet conceal flaws very effectively. They're often made of translucent porcelain, a beautiful material that is extremely stain resistant.
Veneers are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement and don't require extensive preparation. In fact, your Saginaw dentist will only need to remove a small amount of tooth enamel to ensure a perfect fit!
Will dental veneers help my smile?
Dental veneers are the ideal solution for many cosmetic issues. You may want to consider them if:
- You have a discolored tooth: A dental veneer may be recommended if your tooth has become discolored due to a large filling, tooth trauma, or treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline. Your dentist will pick a veneer shade that closely matches the color of the surrounding teeth. Veneers may also be used as an alternative to teeth whitening.
- You chipped or cracked a tooth: Veneers conceal imperfections in your tooth enamel, such as chips, cracks, bumps, and pits. Although veneers are a good option for shallow cracks, you may need a crown if the crack affects the structure of your tooth.
- You're unhappy with the shape of a tooth: A single crooked tooth can disrupt the uniformity of your smile. Luckily, it's easy to transform oddly shaped teeth with veneers. They are also a good choice if a tooth is twisted or pointed.
- You wish your teeth were a little longer: Has your nightly grinding habit changed the length of your teeth? Grinding or clenching your teeth can gradually wear away enamel and shorten teeth. If you plan to extend your teeth with veneers, you'll benefit greatly by wearing a nightguard. The guard will prevent damage to both your veneers and your teeth.
- You have spaces between teeth: Veneers make slight gaps between teeth disappear.
Upgrade your smile with dental veneers! Call your Saginaw, MI, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Gregory Herzler, at (989) 793-7733 to schedule an appointment.