Posts for category: Invisalign
A straighter smile without wires or brackets is possible when you choose Invisalign. The system's unique approach to orthodontic treatment offers a few advantages traditional braces can't. Your Saginaw, MI, dentist Dr. Greg Herzler offers the innovative brace alternative to patients seeking a more discreet tooth straightening method.
What advantages does Invisalign offer?
Appearance is certainly not the only benefit of Invisalign, but it's the feature that draws many people to consider the system. Each aligner tray is made of clear comfortable plastic to ensure that your orthodontic treatment isn't the first thing people notice about your smile. In fact, many people may not even realize that you're straightening your teeth when you wear your aligners. Other benefits of Invisalign include:
- No Need for Adjustments: Thanks to the elimination of braces and wires, you won't need adjustments when you wear Invisalign aligner trays. Changes in the position of your teeth will occur gradually due to constant pressure exerted on teeth by your aligner trays. Each tray in the series is designed to accomplish a specific straightening objective and is replaced with a new tray after two weeks. Although you won't need adjustments, you'll still visit your Saginaw dentist regularly for follow-up visits.
- No Pain, Lots of Gain: Straightening your teeth doesn't have to be painful when you choose Invisalign. In addition to the elimination of uncomfortable adjustments, you won't have to deal with irritation, sores or lacerations, which are problems that can sometimes occur when brace wires rub against your gums.
- A Restriction-Free Diet: Changes to your diet are necessary when you wear metal and ceramic braces. Hard foods can break wires, while sticky foods can become stuck in wires and brackets if you ignore food restrictions. When you wear Invisalign aligner trays, you can eat apples and enjoy a handful of popcorn whenever you want. You'll simply remove your trays before you eat, then replace them when you finish your meal or snack.
- Easy Oral Hygiene: Not surprisingly, cleaning around brace wires can be a time-consuming task. You won't need to add a minute to your usual oral hygiene routine when you wear Invisalign aligner trays. You'll remove your trays, brush and floss, rinse your trays and replace them.
Improve your smile discreetly with Invisalign! Call your Saginaw, MI, dentist Dr. Greg Herzler at (989) 793-7733 to schedule your appointment.
Too embarrassed to wear metal braces? Invisalign allows people to straighten their smile discreetly. Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. Unlike traditional braces, there are no metal brackets and wires. Invisalign has made such a difference in the lives of many patients. Dr. Greg Herzler is one of the top dentists in Saginaw, MI. He offers orthodontic treatment with Invisalign to his patients. Here's everything you've ever wanted to know about Invisalign.
What is the Invisalign system?
Invisalign can treat a broad range of dental and orthodontic conditions, including crooked teeth, protruding teeth, crossbite, gapped teeth, an overbite, an underbite, and overcrowded teeth. Invisalign aligner trays are made of a clear, thermoplastic material. The aligner trays are custom-made specifically for your teeth.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign aligner trays straighten teeth through the placement of controlled force on the teeth. The aligner trays will gradually move your teeth in small increments. The aligner trays are worn for about 14 days. Then you switch to a new set of aligners. You will need to wear your aligner trays for at least 22 hours every day.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Many people love the fact that Invisalign aligner trays are clear and comfortable to wear. They are nearly invisible; hardly anyone will notice that you are straightening your smile. With metal braces, you have to avoid eating certain foods because they can get stuck in your braces. Invisalign aligner trays are removable. Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating, flossing, brushing, or special occasions.
How do I get started with Invisalign?
You can get started with Invisalign by contacting Dr. Herzler and scheduling a consultation. At your first consultation, your dentist will discuss your needs, determine whether Invisalign is suitable for you, and answer any questions you may have about the process.
Over 1.4 million patients from around the world have straightened their smiles with Invisalign. Perhaps it's time you joined them? Call our dental office at 989-793-7733 today to schedule a consultation in Saginaw, MI. Invisalign treatment will do you and your smile a world of good!
Find out how your Saginaw Township dentist could get a straighter smile with Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear, plastic aligners that are custom-made to fit over the upper and lower teeth to slow shift your smile into the proper position. Each aligner is designed to move certain teeth and specific amount, as planned out by your Saginaw Township dentist Dr. Gregory Herzler beforehand.
What can Invisalign do for your smile?
Invisalign can be a wonderful option for many of our patients looking to get a straighter smile. Here are only some of the benefits you can expect when you get Invisalign from your Saginaw Township dentist Dr. Herzler:
Easy to clean: Since you don’t have to battle with brackets and wires to clean away bacteria and food particles it makes it significantly easier not only to clean your own teeth but to also keep your aligners clean, too. Be sure to brush your aligners just as you would your normal teeth, at least twice a day using a toothbrush and toothpaste. Also, give your aligners a simple rinse between snacks or other meals throughout the day.
Removable: Unlike traditional braces Invisalign can be removed. This makes it easy to fit braces into just about anyone’s busy lifestyle. Want to enjoy a lovely meal with friends? Just remove your aligners before mealtime. Want to give your teeth a good brushing and flossing before bed? Just pop out your aligners. It’s that simple.
Comfortable fit: Since your aligners are custom-made to fit your smile, you will notice the difference it will make. Your braces should feel more comfortable than traditional braces, as the metal can be irritating to the gums.
Eat anything you want: Since your aligners can be removed you don’t have to worry about adhering to a braces-friendly diet, as you would if you got traditional braces. All you have to do is remove your aligners before eating or drinking and then rinse them out and put them back in when you are done. Still enjoy eating all your favorite foods while also getting a straighter smile.
Discreetness: Since Invisalign aligners are invisible you don’t have to worry that other people will be looking at your braces and not you. This is particularly important for those in school or the professional world. Now you can straighten your teeth without anyone even noticing.
If you are ready to take the next step to getting Invisalign then it’s time to schedule a consultation with your Saginaw Township dentist, Dr. Gregory Herzler.
- Virtually invisible trays make it difficult to notice you’re undergoing treatment
- Removable trays allow you to eat, drink, brush and floss normally
- Invisalign is more comfortable compared to traditional braces, meaning less irritation to your mouth caused by wires, metals and brackets
- 3-D computer imaging technology allows you to visualize the final outcome of your teeth alignment
- No wire tightening means fewer dental appointments